Environmental Health and Safety Consulting
EH&S Policies and Procedures
The implementation of environmental assessments, policies and procedures are a must to ensure new and ongoing workplace developments are safe for both people and the environment, as well as to ensure compliance with all environmental standards, codes and regulations. Failure to take these steps increases the risks of accidents, injury, disease, and financial losses from delays and penalties, even lawsuits. JBM Risk Management performs assessments, consultations, training and development of Environmental Health and Safety policies and procedures for companies involved in construction, warehousing, retail and other industries throughout British Columbia and Alberta.
JBM Risk Management has many years of experience keeping companies up-to-date with the current environmental laws and regulations in areas such as water, air, and noise pollution, chemical and radiological materials, waste management and disposal, air quality, ergonomics and other areas where the safety and well-being of the environment and everyone involved must be protected.
EH&S services provided
- Develop ongoing training programs for supervisors and workers on rules, regulations and laws specific to their work and responsibilities
- Identify, collect, and analyze samples of possible hazardous materials for EH&S assessment
- Establish programs for managing hazardous waste and toxic material
- Manage workplace inspections for assessment, minimization and elimination of environmental risks and hazards
- Monitor company and employee activity to ensure compliance with codes and regulations and prepare them for up-coming changes and additions
- Conduct regular safety meetings to review policies and procedures, address concerns, observations and suggestions for improvements
- Ensure all posted safety information is up-to-date with current rules and regulations
- Assist in damage repair and enhanced safety strategy should a violation occur
Determining the health and safety impacts of job-sites and workspaces on people and the environment is key to preventing, minimalizing and eliminating risks, injuries, disease and financial loss. For an EH&S consultation or a free needs assessment, contact JMB Risk Management of BC. Competitive rates offered to business in the lower mainland, Vancouver Island, the Okanagan and Alberta.